I EUROPEAN CONGRESS-MEETING FOR YOUNGSTERS WITH LYMPHEDEMA

• I EUROPEAN CONGRESS-MEETING OF YOUNGSTERS WITH LYMPHEDEMA

" SUPPORT-TREATMENT THERAPIES AND SOCIAL ADAPTATION"

The Linfedema Association ADELPRISE, notifies the celebration of the First European Congress-Meeting of Youngsters with Lymphedema, focused mainly so that these young people can share experiences, and mutually lean together in this condition. Different specialized professionals will direct the Congress-Meeting, and it is for youths from 13 to 18 years old. The inscription and participation is free. The trip and accommodation is on behalf of the participants. Different age groups will be formed and organized if the demand so requires. Simultaneously, the X Anniversary of Adelprise will take place, with events directed to all interested and general public, and which is also specially recommended for parents or the youth caretakers. Anyone interested in attending or participating in any of the two events, please request for inscription forms, which must be fill in and returned before the stated date.

The primary interest of the organizers of this youth encounter is to provide information, avoid isolation, and to give hope and transmit optimism to the young, so that in the future, they may have and enjoy a good Quality of Life.

PROGRAM

VITORIA - Days: 27, 28 and 29 of October – VITORIA - 2006 / Summary of Activities:

· Reception and Delivery of Documentation
    · Talks on Linfedema, Past, Present Situation, and Future Perspectives
    · Medical Aspects of Lymphedema
    · Support-Therapies and Treatment of Lymphedema
    · Functional Recovery
    · Self-Help Workshop
    · Self-Manual Drainage Workshop
    . Self-Bandaging Workshop

To request for Information and Inscription Forms for the I Congress-Meeting of Youngsters with Lymphedema, please write to:

ADELPRISE
    FEDERATION VICENTE ABREU
    C / Painting Vicente Abreu, 7,
    01008 Vitoria
    SPAIN
    Tel. 945 226 061 (Zuriñe)
    630 618 103
    e-mail: adelprise@yahoo.es

Limit date for inscription: 1st of October 2006